The Next Generation Humectant Is Finally Here! Introducing Akzonobel’s Elfamoist™ Ac
Are you looking for a humectant that will lock in and replenish moisture in the skin without leaving a tacky feel?
ElfaMoist™ AC is a high-performance active that effectively penetrates into the skin keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized for over 30 hours, even after one application.
Key Benefits for formulators:
- High moisturizing efficacy (instant and lasting over 30 hours)
- Effective penetration and deposition properties
- Non-sticky, easily spreadable
- pH and hydrolytic stability
- 100% active (as supplied)
- Liquid form
- Easy to formulate, providing versatility in delivery to the skin
- Synergistic effect with other humectants
- Compatible with most commonly used ingredients
- Does not impact the color of formulations
- Cost-in-use; no need to add aesthetic modifiers due to its great aesthetics
- Can be used in higher concentrations for deeper skin hydration without sticky feel
From simple to multifunctional skin care formulations, it’s easy for you to formulate with ElfaMoist™ AC!
You can use ElfaMoist™ AC in a wide variety of leave-on and rinse-off products and at different concentrations depending on the application and level of skin hydration desired.
The recommended usage levels are:
Leave-on moisturizing products (creams, lotions, gels): 1.0 – 10.0%
Sun care (pre and post sun care products): 1.0 – 10.0%
Rinse-off products (shower gels, body wash, liquid soap, and skin cleansing systems): 1.0 – 20.0%
Color Cosmetics (Foundations, BB creams, blushes): 1.0 – 7.5%
Suggested pH range of final formulations: 4 – 8
Do you need help developing your skin care formulations? Here are some innovative formulations using ElfaMoist™ AC.
- All Day Moisture Body Lotion
- Nourishing Baby Cream
- Replenishing Moisture Mask
- Hydrating Tightening Mask Sheet
- Hydrating Eye Treatment
- Roll-on AP/DEO
- Hydrating Clear Hand Soap
- Intense Moisture Pudding Cream
For more information on AkzoNobel’s newest innovative skincare active and to request a formulation and prototype, contact your Sales Representative at CCC Ingredients – the exclusive Canadian distributor for AkzoNobel Personal Care or email us at: [email protected]